Youtube videos to Mp3 and why is it not popular?
If you are an audiophile, you have come to the right place because here’s something that we have collected just for you; keep reading to find out more!
If you are someone who uses various websites and converts 320kbps MP3s audios from YouTube quite often, then here’s a little message for you – you are wasting a lot of your time and energy. Here’s what you need to know about Lossless audios and how they are far better than those compressed MP3 audios you have been using for your videos.
Although converting YouTube videos into MP3 is quite simple and found easy by many people, it comes with its cons.
MP3 does not use the lossless strategy, resulting in compromising the quality of the audio and removing less audible music from the audio to reduce the audio file’s size. When this happens, the audio does not remain the same, and not only this but bring severe damage to the system as it’s done mostly through various websites online. Some may prefer the easier way out, but you should most likely prefer the lossless way. Keep reading to find out how it is done and why you should prefer it!
Why do you need to prefer Lossless Audio?
We are aware that YouTube compresses the audio from one video down to 128-156 Kbps, so all those times you thought the audio was superb. It was 320 Mbps; preferably, you were wrong because all these sites offering your best-quality MP3 rips from YouTube are just another way of scamming you?
When we convert a YouTube video to 320 Kbps and MP3, we end up damaging its audio quality, so it automatically goes from an A rate to B. The conversion process is more of ripping the audio from one form to another; hence it gets compressed again.
Imagine this, if your parents convert and transfer the VHS tapes that they have stored in the basement into a DVD, do those tapes automatically become DVD quality? Does their sound not remain the same? It gets worse, and there’s a lot of background noise disrupting the video’s actual quality. The image might not be exact, so it’s a complete mess.
The same happens when we convert a YouTube video to a higher byte. So if you are looking to change your YouTube videos into audio files without ruining the audio’s quality and sound, you’re better off using the method of converting videos to a lossless format such as WAV and FLAC. This way, the audio will comparatively sound better than all those videos out there that use compressed MP3 files, and the audio won’t require further encoding.
How is it done? Well, we have got your back; read more to find out what the process is.
But before that, let’s see what WAV and FLAC are.
What are FLAC and WAV?
To better understand Lossless audio files, we may first need to understand and get familiar with these terms.
FLAC stands for a Free Lossless Audio Codec that helps you compress uncompressed audio into FLAC without stripping it from its original sound quality. It has a pretty good sound quality and is entirely compatible with the players used in the modern-day.
WAV stands for Waveform Audio File Format and points towards such audio files that are the same as the audio source and are not compressed. They are relatively easy to edit and play around with and are also compatible with various media players.
You are probably wondering which one to use; here are a few pointers that can help you decide:
- If you are choosing in terms of compressed and uncompressed, then you could go for WAV; if you are looking for the exact copy, then this may work for you, but FLAC, on the other hand, is compressed but not majorly.
- By being compressed, FLAC may lose a specific minute detail of a file during compression; however, WAV loses nothing in quality.
- FLAC is an open-source available to everyone and anyone for free, unlike WAV, patented by Microsoft.
- In terms of storage, FLAC occupies lesser storage since it is compressed, whereas WAV will take up more space in your device and may take a little longer to transfer and download hence being a little inconvenient for a few users.
- These forms are the Lossless audio forms and help you when you need to transfer your YouTube videos into good quality uncompressed audios. Now you can choose them according to your likes. Let’s move on and observe this process; read a bit to find out more.
How to make Lossless Audio?
Whenever you hear about audios’ compression, there is a high chance you will hear about the term Lossless. A kind of reduction that recreates a compressed audio file similar to that of its original form. To carry out this process, you can opt for an appropriate software that helps you convert your files and save them to your CD or device.
Here are a few steps of converting a video into FLAC audio with WinX HD Video Converter software. This software allows you to download YouTube videos such as music videos and movies and convert them into lossless audio in one go. It doesn’t matter if the video size varies from 720p to 4k.
In only five steps, you will be able to convert and get your desired audio form.
- Step 1: First and foremost, you need to start installing and run the converter on your computer/laptop. For the magic to happen, you need to have the software.
- Step 2: After running the converter, a window will appear right in front of you. Click on the URL button. Copy the URL of the desired movie or music video from YouTube and then paste it into the text box.
- Step 3: After analyzing the video information, select an option according to your preference. This software allows you to download videos from various channels and in a bunch. To convert to FLAC, click on the Auto Convert Box, which you will find on the left bottom corner. Click Okay and then click on Run.
- Step 4: After the video is loaded automatically, a conversion page will appear in front of you. Since you want the FLAC video, your preference should be FLAC as the output in the Music’s listed category.
- Step 5: Locate a file or folder on your device to save the FLAC audio file and browse it from your computer. It could be a portable device too that is all up to you. Hit run, and the downloaded as well as converting of the video to FLAC will begin!
Other than this software, there are various other software used to convert videos into audios such as the media.io and the VLC Media Player, and online tools like videomp3convert.com are also there to make the job easier for you.
Media.io also specializes in video conversion to audio files. Whenever you hear about free conversions, media.io must mention Youtube to FLAC Lossless audio formatting software. It is helpful and used for various other purposes too.
Now sit back and enjoy these audios and easily use them in all the desired places you want to utilize them. These easy conventional measures make our lives easier and simpler.